Firm: Hughes & Coleman
Start Date: 2/15/2018
Full Time Permanent Position
Health Benefits? Yes
Starting Salary: Based on Experience
Typical Hours: 40
Position Description: COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Hughes & Coleman Law Firm (H&C) is a growing plaintiff firm practicing personal injury law. With a home office in Bowling Green, Kentucky, H&C also has offices in Louisville, Elizabethtown and Lexington, Kentucky as well as Nashville, Clarksville, Murfreesboro, and Gallatin, Tennessee. The firm currently employs approximately 150 team members.
The Attorney works under the direction and guidance of a Managing Attorney and is responsible for performing analysis and providing guidance on all legal matters related to personal injury claims. The Attorney’s main duty is to provide legal representation in order to recover compensation for a person who has been injured during the course of their employment or due to the negligence of another party or entity. Legal representation will include advice, research, and litigation. Hughes and Coleman attorneys are expected to fight for the rights of injured persons, have regular contact with their clients and put their clients’ interests first.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow practices and processes that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company standards, and serve the needs of our clients. This includes a commitment to a process of continuous improvement.
• Provide answers and guidance to clients who are seeking legal help, particularly on personal injury claims.
• Develop new business for the firm.
• Review and provide analysis of all new potential cases
o Ensure prompt action is taken
o Ensure prompt action is taken on all potential cases
o Ensure all cases wanted are converted to cases retained
o Review case facts to determine if case meets criteria
o Evaluate case facts to determine case value
o Ensure all cases meet predetermined criteria
o Review and monitor case facts to determine insurance coverage, case value and medical care
• Develop knowledge of the firm and its business
• Communicate with all potential clients as needed
• Create lines of communication with attorneys, physicians and other referral sources
• Other duties may include litigation support to Managing Attorney
• Perform other duties within the Attorney’s training and skills as directed by Core Leader
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• License to practice law in (Kentucky/Tennessee)
• License to practice law in other states, a plus
• A minimum of 2 years Litigation experience required for Litigation Attorney
• A minimum of 2 years Pre-Litigation experience required Pre-Litigation Attorney
• A minimum of 1 year Personal Injury experience required
• Ability to provide guidance and development to support staff
• Valid drivers license
• Degree from a four-year college or university, graduate degree from an accredited law school
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as pleadings, legal rules and procedures, governmental rules and regulations, medical records. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, court personnel, peers, and/or employees or organization. Proficiency with Microsoft office software and legal research platforms such as Needles case management.
• Ability to build and develop long-term relationships with clients one at a time.
• Ability to develop future business from the same client or referrals.
• Ability to work independently without regular direct supervision